Sunday, May 12, 2013

Evaluation v. Execution


This week I’ve been much more of a useful engine than projected. Given I have actually been in class this week, I’ve been able to do much more. I wanted to assume editing responsibilities; however, it appears as if Conor is chief of most everything, so I have resigned myself to poster maker along with Annaleigh. We are doing much of what we did last week, selecting appropriate fonts, discovering the frustrations of photoshop, evaluating possible photos. We have decided on a martial arts type poster in which there will be three windows, each painted over through internet filter features which allow for oil paintings through photos. These photos will be provided through screenshots of the film. I am most looking forward to the finished look, as it appears most of this week was evaluating over execution.
Most notably, I went on an adventure with Conor and Jack to the Northwestern Branch to film scenes our subject jumping off a cliff. I am most impressed at how seriously everyone in my group takes the project. I don’t think Mr. Mayo thinks we take the project as seriously as our obligations for journalism or chemistry, but had he been on the trip he would’ve been proven incredibly wrong. I do wish I had the proper attire for such a hike on such a beautiful summit. I wore these stupid flats, which in no way helped me climb on the slimy, muddy, mossy rocks, and I didn’t have my glasses. Through the green blur, I could see however, that our filming location was most beautiful. All that was very nice, but it didn’t have much to do with filming. This is because we spent most of our time much like the poster. Evaluation over execution. Eventually, we found our location after having crossed over rocks and a fallen tree trunk to the other side of the trail. I didn’t get to film, as I hadn’t worn the proper attire, and Conor was the director, so he called all the shots. So much for my being assertive. I will be though, because I came up with some pretty great ones as I observed, and I will, next time we film. Then it will be execution and that will be all.

No comments:

Post a Comment